We notarized everything today. 39 documents in all. Our dear friend Kim has been our steadfast and loyal notary from day one and we are so thankful that she does not charge us a penny!
Tomorrow I will send everything off to another dear friend, Tina, in Austin and she will take it all to the Secretary of State for apostilles. Again, free! Texas has a $100 lifetime cap on apostilles/authentication charges per adoption and we met that $100 a long time ago.
Since our notary and our apostilles are free, I am actually making three complete dossiers including notarizations and apostilles. Our agency wants two and I will keep the third myself.
Our doctors did not charge us anything for our medicals. Our home study was updated, for free, in December. I paid $12 each for three certified copies of our marriage license. So, I think that this whole dossier is going to cost us $36!
We are so thankful! We are still waiting for that USCIS paper, so I call the dossier 95% done!
Sounds like you have some great friends :)
ReplyDelete