Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Updated the thermometer

I have not updated the thermometer in some time.  Since it was last updated we have learned of several new fees, a third trip for court, and had plane tickets for trip one cost more than budgetted. 

We are planning a garage sale as soon as the intended location becomes available.

My contact with the Chick Fil A owner has had a sick child, so that fundraiser will hopefully be forthcoming. 

We are hoping to have some airline miles from trip 1 become available to help with trip 3 airfare expenses.  And we are saving every penny we can on our own.  I am also saving up our medical receipts and will make a claim on our medical savings plan as time for trip 3 approaches.

Right now plane tickets for trip 2, our court trip, are running about $2500 per person round trip. I will be traveling alone and sharing a hotel room with the other moms who have court at the same time.  Meals will be on a strict budget.  It will be a no frills trip for sure. 

Now all we need are some dates for court!  Again, no word from our in country coordinator about our paperwork.  She was at the ministry yesterday, but I do not know if she asked about our paperwork or not.  Maybe tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment